Transport of powder
Powders and granulates can be transported with many types of equipment:
- Pneumatic transport (pressure and vacuum)
- Screw conveyors
- Tube chain conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- And combinations and variations of the same
- Bulk with containers and Big-Bags
Each type has advantages and disadvantages; FlowTech has relevant experience with all such technologies and is ready to offer you the best combination.
No two powders have the same characteristics; therefore all products to be transported and dosed are examined and tested in our laboratory prior to equipment design.
We have several test units and can perform tests in consultation with the customer if required.
Examples of powder transport equipment we have build in the past:
- Sugar transport (pneumatic, screw conveyors, tube chain conveyors)
- CaO transport and dosing (screw conveyors and pneumatic)
- Salt transport (vibrators, pneumatic and screw conveyors)
- Milk powder (pneumatic and screw conveyors)
- Lactose (pneumatic and screw conveyors)
- Casein (pneumatic and screw conveyors)
- Pork skin protein (pneumatic and screw conveyors)
- Active carbon (pneumatic transport)
- Fried onions (belt conveyors)
- Spices of all kinds (screw conveyors and vibrators)
- Bacon (screw conveyors)
- Almonds (screw conveyor)
- Potato flour (screw conveyor)
- Colouring for fish feed (screw conveyor)
- Enzymes (screw conveyor)
- Ashes (screw conveyor)
- Urea (screw conveyor)
- Bleach for edible oils (vacuum transport)
All FlowTech dosing plants are custom-built in close consultation with the client.
We can achieve the optimum design by combining the customer’s experience with the process and FlowTech’s unique experience with a wide range of plants.
All materials, electrical and mechanical equipment used are first class, carefully selected with our long experience. The setup is designed for years of uninterrupted service in harsh industrial environments.
Plants can be delivered pre-installed on skids, including a fully tested control system using your product in our workshop to minimise adjustment on-site.
Full running in on site is included.
A package of spare parts and service can be offered as an option.
Capacities can range from grams to tonnes.