BIG BAG Handling
Modern methods of production constantly demand decreases in production costs, making simple handling of raw materials and consumables necessary.
Packing raw materials and consumables in Big-Bags can make the difference.
Big-Bag technology can be divided in 2 areas, with many functions in common:
1. Discharge and 2. Filling
Proper handling of Big-Bags imposes demands on production-equipment in many ways:
- Big-Bags have to be handled properly to ensure the safety of personnel and products
- Big-Bag discharge/filling must avoid unnecessary dust emission
- The quantity discharged or filled must be carefully controlled. In some cases, quantity has to be weighed accurately and the result logged.
- Big-Bags have to be filled or discharged completely.
- The system used has to handle different types of products and different types of Big-Bags.